John is no stranger to tough races and knows what it takes to win. In 2017, John won a 6-way primary for VA House of Delegates District 56 and went on to win the general election by 20 points in a year where few Republicans were victorious.
In 2019, another tough year for Republicans in the commonwealth, John won re-election by 21 points. He has raised over $500k during his races in 2017 and 2019.
John’s district lies entirely within VA-07, including parts of Louisa, Goochland, Spotsylvania and Henrico counties.
John McGuire was born and raised in the district. Raised in Henrico County, and residing in Goochland County, John overcame spending time in foster care and went on to graduate from Henrico High School in 1988.
Following graduation, John’s call to service led him to the U.S. Navy. John served for ten years as a U.S. Navy SEAL before settling back down in Virginia where he founded a small business, SEAL Team PT Inc., a fitness company. Now more than two decades later, that company helps train Division 1 athletes and corporations all over the world.
As a member of the Virginia House of Delegates, John currently sits on the Science and Technology, Counties Cities and Towns, Privileges and Elections, and Education Committees. He has fought for lower taxes and better services for our veterans, law enforcement and first responders.
John wants to go to Washington to work with President Trump to increase border security, support our veterans, and protect our conservative values and way of life that are under attack.
John, his wife Tracy, and their 5 children live in Goochland County.
As a Delegate in the General Assembly, John has been backed by many conservative organizations because of his strong conservative voting record:
- Endorsed by the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) and earned a 100% rating
- Given the American Conservative Union (ACU) award for conservative excellence by Matt Schlapp
- Endorsed by the National Federation for Independent Business (NFIB)
- Endorsed by AGPAC
- Endorsed by National Right to Life (NRL)
- Endorsed by the Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL)
- Endorsed by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and received an A rating
- Endorsed by the Family Foundation and received a 100% rating
- Endorsed by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce (VCC) and received an A+ rating